From The Press and Journal https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/2801140/hiv-aids-myths/ by Ellie House January 10, 2021, 1:15 pm The screen flickers to life as the voice-over echoes, and sinister music climbs to a frenzy. A horror movie perhaps, as dramatic scenes show exploding lava and an avalanche of rocks. “There is now a danger which has become a threat to us all,” warns actor John Hurt, deadpan and serious. Rock is chipped away by a chisel and a gravestone looms into view. There is one final warning as a white lily is dropped on to a coffin lid and a single death knell rings out. It is 1986, and public information films concerning HIV/Aids are commonplace. Fast forward a few decades and we are now far more educated about HIV, both as a society and within the world of medicine. Treatment has moved on, as has public opinion. But the legacy and subsequent stigma from the...
- OPVG promotes U=U 16th May 2021
- It’s A Sin 5th February 2021
- HIV/Aids: Dispelling the myths and changing attitudes 11th January 2021
- Who are we? 16th December 2020
- First Minister talks about HIV on World Aids Day 1st December 2020